Our CTM “Taste and See” event that was held on the evening of June 2nd was a HUGE success!
The event was held at Ann and Dan’s home in Lake Forest, two of our
board members in the U.S. We had about 60-70 people attend the evening event, to experience:
- Wonderful food prepared by volunteers and local restaurants
- Special wine tasting hosted by a local producer
- Uganda shopping, featuring had made purses, bags, and jewelry from Uganda
- Live background music by a talented guitarist
- Drawings for multiple prizes
- A grand prize drawing – tickets to an Angels’ Baseball event, with special parking and accomodations!
Tables were tastefully arranged, and CTM supporters got to know
one another personally. There were people from Saddleback Church, Cross-line, and Calvary Chapel Mission Viejo among others.
Of course the CTM board was there, some of use wearing authentic Ugandan garments!
A special guest was John Stewart and his wife Laurie. John happens to be Arthur’s Professor of Apologetics at Multnomah University, as well as a well known author, speaker and founder of the Intelligent
After dinner, Dan Noel took on his role of MC and thanked all those who came, as well as those who helped prepare the event. Ann Mundell-Noel then took the stage to talk about how she met Arthur several years ago, and got caught up in the process of establishing CTM as a full-fledged ministry to the villages in Uganda.
Arthur then shared about his background, vision and goals for the ministry of CTM. How we are
about going where other missionaries fear to tread – to the back country villages, often some 2-3 hours of rough driving through terrible roads to each some of these villages. We bring hope – fresh water wells, a meeting center, teaching for men , women and children, and medical assistance. CTM is all about “holistic” transformation – spiritually through Christ, but also economically and socially.
Which is why we are adopting the tag line “Planting Hope in Africa”. Because that ultimately is what the Lord is enabling us to plant in these villages. Hope for conquest over disease, hope for a better family life, and hope for the future –
for individuals, and also for the village communities.
As far as the success of the fund raiser, we are happy to report that the fund raiser exceeded our expectations! We were able to raise a significant amount of one-time donations, and also increase the number of monthly financial supporters.
Thanks to those who participated and so generously gave, we will now be able to do much of what is on our road-map for the next few months ..
- Supplying scooters to pastors (we currently need 30), so they can get to our quarterly regional training events (and also more effectively support their village)
- Train some of the regional leaders in in-depth evangelism and discipleship, so they can minister to the pastors
- Progress our water wells ministry
- Provide for some of the funding for the TU4 outreach this year
- Enable us to plan and old the next regional training event, to equip regional leaders to develop the pastors
Please look for news of these events in our upcoming news letter. If you haven’t subscribed, send email to CTMAfricaInfo@gmail.com.
God bless you!
Paul M. Dooley
Christ Transformation Ministries