The Gospel of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
(The Good News!)
WE ARE ALL BORN SINNERS
- Romans 3:23: “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”.
- Romans 5:12 “Therefore, just as through one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.” There are many scripture verses telling us we are born sinners because the first man God created (Adam) sinned. God’s word tells us, we are born spiritually dead and our nature as sinners causes us to sin.”
- Ephesians 2:1 “And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,”
- Read carefully the parable Jesus taught in Matthew Chapter 22 especially Verse 13 “Then the King said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, and cast him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” That, my friend, is a glimpse of the Hell and eternal damnation (punishment) you want to avoid.
- Proverbs 14:12 “There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.” This world offers countless false man-made religions and empty philosophies. We need the one and only true solution for sin or when we die physically we will also be dead spiritually and be separated from God eternally, without hope.
JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY SOLUTION
- Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as the result of works, that no one should boast.”
- John 14:6 Jesus said to him (Thomas), “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.” When Jesus was coming to raise Lazarus from the dead he made this statement and asked Martha the most important question of all time recorded in
- John 11:25-26 “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” What is it that Martha did, and you have to do so Jesus will take away your sins and give you the free gift of eternal life?
- Romans 10:9-11 “that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.”
- Romans 8:1-2 “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free for the law of sin and of death.”
JESUS DEFEATED SIN AND THE DEVIL FOR YOU, ONCE AND FOR ALL TIME!
- Romans 5:6-10 “For while we were still helpless (dead in our sins), at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.”
- Romans 6:8-11 “Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin, once for all; but the life He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.” Only God Himself could step out of heaven and die for your sins and offer you eternal life.
- Philippians 2:5-11 “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bondservant, and being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE GOD AND SCRIPTURE
- Isaiah 44:6 “Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me. . .”
- Second Timothy 3:16 “All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness”
- Second Peter 1:20-21 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.” The Holy Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Bible is the only authority in all matters of faith and conduct. God gave us His written Word, the Holy Bible, so we could know Him, the one and only true God.
JESUS CHRIST IS GOD OUR CREATOR AND THE LIVING WORD
- John 1:1-3 “In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He (Jesus) was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him; and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.”
- Colossians 2:15-17 “And He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation. For in Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities – all things have been created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” That includes you and me, the atom, our planet, the universe and all things we can see and can’t see. Jesus created them and holds them all together with His eternal power and by the mighty will of God.
GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT
- John 4:24 (Jesus declared to the Samaritan woman at the well) “God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” Read John Chapter 4 and you will see Jesus the Messiah at work on earth. After Jesus was crucified, buried and then raised from the dead, He gave birth to the church age we are living in now.
- Salvation has always been granted by God’s grace through the faith of believers. But what a privilege we have right now to be living in the church age, in which God the Holy Spirit actually indwells, or lives in and seals believers as His own possession for all eternity.
- Eternal life starts now, at the moment you accept God’s free gift, Amen! (So be it!) Before Jesus ascended into heaven, God the Holy Spirit would fall upon people and do His work, but He never came to live in them permanently.
- John 14:16-20 “And I (Jesus) will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. After a little while the world will behold Me no more; but you will behold Me; because I live, you shall live also. In that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.” You can’t live forever without God the Holy Spirit living in you.
- Romans 8:8-11 “and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. However you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. And if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you.”
Now You Have the Good News and No Excuse – One God who reveals Himself in three persons, working together in perfect unity to save You, His special creation. God loves you and invites you to confess openly that you are a sinner who is lost without Him and ask His Son Jesus to forgive you, come into your life and give you His free gift of eternal life. There is no other way to heaven, except through the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Out of love Jesus died for you personally and wants to adopt you into His eternal family. Don’t Wait, Ask Him Now!
Suggestions for New Believers in Christ
- First and foremost, start talking to God (Pray all the time about everything small and great)
- Ask Jesus to lead you to a true Bible Believing, Bible Preaching church so you can grow strong in your new faith and fellowship with other believers. (Avoid the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Mormon Church and other false religions that preach a different gospel, a false Jesus Christ or another way to heaven, enlightenment, paradise, reincarnation, etc.)
- Read Genesis Chapters 1, 2 & 3 (the first book in the Bible) – God’s Creation, Man’s Fall From Grace.
- Next, read the entire book of John (Bible New Testament – Matthew, Mark, Luke then John) to become convinced that Jesus is truly God and the only way to heaven and eternal life.
The above collections of verses in no way provide an exhaustive study of those topics. The Bible will provide you with a lifetime of study, wisdom and guidance in all areas of life.
* All Biblical quotes on this page are taken from the New American Standard Bible – The Lockman Foundation
**Biblical Time Periods is a modified bookmark of Compass International, Inc. www.compass.org – Permission Granted.